cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Inventory Agent Backwards Compatibility 2021 R1 > 2019 R2

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

I saw this reply from you @ChrisG that agents "should" be backwards compatible in this thread -  Agent compatibility with Beacon versions 

Is there any confirmation that the 2021 R1 agent is compatible with the 2019 R2 FlexNet Manager? We are a few months away from completing our production upgrade of FNMS at one of my customers, but we are ready to deploy to new sections of the network. It would be simpler to deploy the 2021 R1 (17.0.1) version of the agent and be done rather than deploy 14.0.0 and have to upgrade the agent once production is complete.

Any thoughts?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The 2021 R1 (17.0.1) FlexNet inventory agent can be used with 2019 R2 FlexNet Manager Suite servers.

In fact, the 2021 R1 agent version is the minimum recommended version that everybody should use in order to mitigate the following vulnerability: FlexNet Inventory Agent and Inventory Beacon Vulnerability Update IOJ-2210678.

A package that can be used to place the 2021 R1 agent files on your web server for subsequent installation on client computers can be downloaded from the Product and License Center as described on that page.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The 2021 R1 (17.0.1) FlexNet inventory agent can be used with 2019 R2 FlexNet Manager Suite servers.

In fact, the 2021 R1 agent version is the minimum recommended version that everybody should use in order to mitigate the following vulnerability: FlexNet Inventory Agent and Inventory Beacon Vulnerability Update IOJ-2210678.

A package that can be used to place the 2021 R1 agent files on your web server for subsequent installation on client computers can be downloaded from the Product and License Center as described on that page.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)