In order to clean useless file evidences (> 60 M in our case !), there are several ways:
- scan exclusions (easy)
- filtering in business importers (advanced users)
- but you have to delete by sql scripts all existing file evidences in the repertory (before scan exclusion). Ask Flexera support for the procedure.
- you can also group file evidences (same as install evidences): just create you custom generic one, like python%, assigned or ignored. You can after delete all specific one, like python1234.
That is good for your response time and for the planet !
Jan 25, 2021 03:43 AM
Thank you for sharing this (if this is a 'FYI' instead of question)
Jan 26, 2021 06:07 PM
IMHO, there is a lot of 'Junk' file and installer evidence in the ARL.
A quick analysis of the evidence data downloaded with the current (CW 04/2021) release of the ARL (#2580) - see attached PDF document - shows that:
Evidence not linked to any application will not contribute to application recognition. The only reason for including this data apparently is reducing the amount of 'Unrecognized Evidence'.
There is no point in manually purging these data from the [FNMSCompliance] database, as these ARL data are downloaded to FNMS on a daily basis by default.
Jan 26, 2021 07:11 PM - edited Jan 26, 2021 07:12 PM
Hi, thank you for this analysis !
- I was speaking about local file évidences. Flexera file evidence can not be deleted, only ignored.
- ARL file evidences without link to application may be needed for metering (usage), by the link between executable file and product (not only application).
- ARL file evidences without data about application and product are useless, except when gathering large amount of useless file evidences and ignoring them...
Jan 27, 2021 02:47 AM
Just so you're aware, you will be seeing the amount of installer evidence not linked to any application go up as we work through the ARL cleanup activities referenced here: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Content-Blog/Content-Change-Notification-ARL-and-Technopedia-Eligibility-and/bc-p/177465#M212
These unlinked pieces of installer evidence will be marked as "Ignored" so that customers can continue to manage relevant unrecognized evidence without this clutter. That said, the evidence won't be new to the ARL - it was formerly linked to now-removed ineligible applications.
Feb 01, 2021 10:23 PM