cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application is not installed but we are getting file evidence.

We are getting file evidence for xyz software however when we check the user machine . The application is not installed on that machines. 

What to do and how do we are getting file evidence of xyz software?

(1) Solution

To see the specific evidence that was found on a computer that resulted in an installation being recognized, open the inventory device record for the computer take a look at the information on the "Evidence" tab.

looking at the "Evidence" tab on an application record will show you what evidence recognition rules are configured, but will not help you understand what evidence has been found on any particular computer.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you elaborate on exactly what you are and are not seeing? For example - when you say you are "getting file evidence", where specifically are you seeing this? Are you seeing some information about a file that does not actually exist on the filesystem?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank You Chris, The application xyz is showing under install application and the install count is 8. When we check the evidence under application properties. we can see that application exe (i.e. xyz.exe) under file. However the recognition rule is "not for recognition" . So as per my understanding that application is not consider for License by flexera.  As FarrukhNaz said, So, we have to check those asset evidence and share the path with IT team to clear it.

If you have document available to read about it. please share .. Thanks !!

To see the specific evidence that was found on a computer that resulted in an installation being recognized, open the inventory device record for the computer take a look at the information on the "Evidence" tab.

looking at the "Evidence" tab on an application record will show you what evidence recognition rules are configured, but will not help you understand what evidence has been found on any particular computer.

Thank You .. We did the same. we check the device (machine ) evidence. Yes , application evidence will not help 🙂

Many of times I notices the application is not installed but the application installer binaries (setups) left behind. These artifacts are then flagged by Flexera agents as installed applications. Make sure proper cleaning the filesystem and then revalidate again and if its Windows platform don't forget cleaning the windows registry.

Addiotnaly you can cross validate in the inventory files called .ndi generated by the agent.

.NDI file locations:

Unix like OS: /var/opt/managesoft/tracker/inventories
Windows OS: C:\ProgramData\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Tracker\Inventories

__PRESENT