cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Cloud - O365 Credentials or Roles

Is Cloud Application Administrator truly required, or is the requirement only necessary to establish/renew a Token?

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Cloud Application Administrator rights are typically needed to initially generate the token that FlexNet Manager Suite uses to retrieve data (that's appropriate as you normally wouldn't want non-privileged people to be able to generate tokens that provide access to the Microsoft 365 API). The rights assigned to the token itself that is used to access the Microsoft 365 API and retrieve data only need to include read-only access.

See the following page for some more discussion about the process and associated rights involved in configuring the Microsoft 365 connection and initially generating the access token: Using FlexNet Manager Suite’s Multi-Tenant App to Connect to Microsoft 365

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

Btw, the new method to authenticate against o365 cloud is now available in UAT Cloud. This will use Application level permissions instead of User permissions. Please try this new method in UAT and provide us feedback. For more information refer to this post --

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Release-Blog/FlexNet-Manager-Suite-Cloud-Flexera-One-ITAM-update-for-July/ba-p/199025/jump-to/first-unread-message

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Cloud Application Administrator rights are typically needed to initially generate the token that FlexNet Manager Suite uses to retrieve data (that's appropriate as you normally wouldn't want non-privileged people to be able to generate tokens that provide access to the Microsoft 365 API). The rights assigned to the token itself that is used to access the Microsoft 365 API and retrieve data only need to include read-only access.

See the following page for some more discussion about the process and associated rights involved in configuring the Microsoft 365 connection and initially generating the access token: Using FlexNet Manager Suite’s Multi-Tenant App to Connect to Microsoft 365

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Btw, the new method to authenticate against o365 cloud is now available in UAT Cloud. This will use Application level permissions instead of User permissions. Please try this new method in UAT and provide us feedback. For more information refer to this post --

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Release-Blog/FlexNet-Manager-Suite-Cloud-Flexera-One-ITAM-update-for-July/ba-p/199025/jump-to/first-unread-message