cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing Disk space

Hi,

We have FlexNet manager installed on a Linux server. one of the folders of the installation is around 60GB in size. the folder is called Data.

The servers admins are asking us to clear the space. Is there any things special about this folder? how do we go about deleting data inside it without affecting FlexNet Manager or the users.

please let us know.

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't immediately recognize "Data" as the name of any typical folder in an installation of FlexNet Manager Suite. Could you give the full path to this folder, and some information about what are the names of files or folder the folder contains?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris, 

I've attached a screen capture for you with the "Data" folder contents and the path.

Regards,

Abduljalil

That directory structure looks like something from an installation of the FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications product.

I am guessing that you will find much of the space is used by report log data that has been generated by your license servers and imported in to FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications. I don't know enough about this product to be able to comment on considerations for cleaning up the data though, so hopefully somebody else may have some insights.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@abduljalil_nas 

It's not clear from the screen shot what's in the Data folder sub-directory structures but the report logs that have already been imported into FNMEA can be deleted unless you want to keep them there for other reasons.

Thanks,

Hi Abduljalil,

On top of what has been propose if you want to keep this Data folder to a manageable size you can do two things

use the "Usage Data Maintenance" function of FNMEA under the tab Reporting --> Usage Data Maintenance. 

2020-04-24 10_56_48-Usage Data Maintenance.png

you can set it to a suitable time for your environment in the example above it is 24 months

you can also manually delete old reports by going into the tab Reporting --> Inbox and browsing for old one 

2020-04-24 11_00_34-Report Inbox.png

 Here we have some old report output from 2015 that may as well be deleted if not necessary. they will then be removed from the data folder.

Regards,

Paul