cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMC transformation is failing with error Incorrect syntax near '{'

Dears,

I'm getting below error in BMC transformation  (ExportUpdateIntermediateDBTransform.ktr) , when executing it .

Incorrect syntax near '{'

When we checked , it was trying to execute the following 

EXEC ProductsDataTable @ProductView=${PRODUCTTABLENAME},@ProductViewChanges=${PRODUCTTABLENAME}Changes,@ProductViewIds=Current${PRODUCTTABLENAME}Ids;

I tried executing the same from SQL Management Studio in IntermediateDB and observer the same issue , also made sure that the stored procedure is already there in Intermediate DB

We are using FNMS version 2020 R1 and also using the BMC adapter tool of the same version.

Any idea why it is giving this error?

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I wonder if the PRODUCTTABLENAME parameter is not getting set correctly in your Atrium job configuration, causing the "${PRODUCTTABLENAME}" references in this statement to not be replaced as they should be. This parameter should be set to the value "Products".

One thing to check is that the PRODUCTTABLENAME parameter is set as expected on the BMCAtriumAdapter job as illustrated at step 16 on the following page: Configure Atrium Jobs.

If I follow right, I think the parameter value set on the BMCAtriumAdapter job is passed through to the FNMPExports job, which in turn invokes the ExportUpdateIntermediateDBTransform step that is failing for you.

If you are running the ExportUpdateIntermediateDBTransform step through some other mechanism that isn't initiated from the BMCAtriumAdapter job then you will need to ensure the PRODUCTTABLENAME parameter is set appropriately yourself.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG 

Thanks for the quick reply .

Got the point , the jobs and transformations are related to each other and executed sequence.

Is there any documentation that we can refer to know what exactly this jobs and transform do ?

We have some doubts on this as some times we need to explain this to customer as well.

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

All the documentation for the BMC Atrium and Remedy integration can be found in the Inventory Adapters and Connectors Reference.

Here's a link to this reference for the 2020 R2 release: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R2/EN/InvAdapConn/index.html#adapters/Atrium/topics/BAR-Introduction.html

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)