cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding User information from Active Directory in FNMS

Hello,

I want to add aditional User information (email, title, jobtitle etc) from the Active Directory into FNMS. 

What is the best way? 

Martin 

(1) Solution

Thank you all.

I created e PowerShell script to create a csv-file from the AD and start MGSBI at the end to import the csv-file into FNMS.

When I created the xml-file for AD, and using SQL Value instead of Field Value, SAMAccountname created an "Ambigious" error.

My export makes unique names for the fields - Problem solved.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Martin,

Typically you would create a Business Adapter: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2021R1/EN/BusnAdap/index.html

Best regards,

Markward

Here are a couple of other discussions that cover various aspects of using a business adapter to import user details from Active Directory:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi,

If there is any option to get these info from HR data can option to write SQL Query Map through Business adaptor.

Other wise to get these User information (email, title, jobtitle etc) and map through Business adaptor. 

Use this templet and can upload it.

Thanks,

Sreerama Yenuga.

Thank you all.

I created e PowerShell script to create a csv-file from the AD and start MGSBI at the end to import the csv-file into FNMS.

When I created the xml-file for AD, and using SQL Value instead of Field Value, SAMAccountname created an "Ambigious" error.

My export makes unique names for the fields - Problem solved.