cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Broker License Check

If a license is setup in FNMS with a Restriction for an Enterprise Group, does the App Broker license check or Advance License Check affected by the target device in that Enterprise Group with no license available? Will it reserve a license accordingly or show a need for a license if the target is not in the Enterprise Group even if there is license available another license restricted to another Enterprise group (target not in that Enterprise Group)?

(1) Solution

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/appportal2019r1/default.htm#helplibrary/AP_SetFNMPLicenseOpt.htm

The behavior is determined by the "licensing availability scope" that has been selected for that catalog item.  The default is "Global Only", which means enterprise groups will not be considered when checking availability.  If you change the selection to "Enterprise Groups Only", then it will only check the target device's (or user's, depending on the license type) enterprise groups for available entitlements.  If no available entitlement is found in those enterprise groups, then the response will indicate that a purchase is required, even if there is an available entitlement outside those enterprise groups.  If you change the selection to "Check Enterprise Groups and fallback to Global if not available", it will check the enterprise groups first, and then if no entitlements are available in those enterprise groups, it will look for any available entitlement.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/appportal2019r1/default.htm#helplibrary/AP_SetFNMPLicenseOpt.htm

The behavior is determined by the "licensing availability scope" that has been selected for that catalog item.  The default is "Global Only", which means enterprise groups will not be considered when checking availability.  If you change the selection to "Enterprise Groups Only", then it will only check the target device's (or user's, depending on the license type) enterprise groups for available entitlements.  If no available entitlement is found in those enterprise groups, then the response will indicate that a purchase is required, even if there is an available entitlement outside those enterprise groups.  If you change the selection to "Check Enterprise Groups and fallback to Global if not available", it will check the enterprise groups first, and then if no entitlements are available in those enterprise groups, it will look for any available entitlement.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Would the same occur when App Broker integrated with ServiceNow is used?

I thought that you were done with App Broker? 🙂 Anyways, the "license scope" should still be applicable even if the request is placed through ServiceNow.

You can take Melinda out of App Broker, but you can't take App Broker out of Melinda! 🙂

Welcome to the Hotel California.

I am but you know me, always one to help people out plus my role is changing to a Sales one, so I need to get myself back into it! 😄

Thank you for your help!!