cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Check and Reclamation with Jamf Pro Cloud?

I remember seeing a couple of years ago or so that integrations with Jamf Pro Cloud as a deployment technology, while not also having SCCM/ConfigMgr integrated to retrieve data from, meant that license governance actions like reclamation and license checks can't be performed. Can someone confirm if this is still the case? Or accurate?

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Hi Adam. I believe that we discussed this the other day on the call we had. Long story short, the license related activities do not work well with JAMF devices.. Primarily because JAMF devices do not have a MachineDomain associated with them. This MachineDomain is required in FNMS/ITAM when checking license counts, reserving licenses, etc. About the only work around I could suggest would be to manually (using a SQL query) populate the MachineDomain column in the WD_Computer table. Note that there is functionality to do this for you for Intune devices, but not for JAMF devices.. I do have an open issue with engineering requesting that the same be added for JAMF devices.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Hi Adam. I believe that we discussed this the other day on the call we had. Long story short, the license related activities do not work well with JAMF devices.. Primarily because JAMF devices do not have a MachineDomain associated with them. This MachineDomain is required in FNMS/ITAM when checking license counts, reserving licenses, etc. About the only work around I could suggest would be to manually (using a SQL query) populate the MachineDomain column in the WD_Computer table. Note that there is functionality to do this for you for Intune devices, but not for JAMF devices.. I do have an open issue with engineering requesting that the same be added for JAMF devices.