cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Package For The Web

Hello,I am using PackageForTheWeb to deploy a custom application. I do NOT want the package to be silent, however I do NOT want the user to be able to click on the cancel button while PFW extracts its files.Is there a command line switch I can use o...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

windows xp new programs installed

on the windows xp menu when you install a new program you get a bubble saying new programs available. how do i trigger this? I asume it is a registry setting..but where?

Conflict Solver philosophy: Products and Merge Modules

Am I right in thinking that the Products portion of ConflictSolver and the MergeModules portion are seperate functionally? What I mean specifically is, does the MM portion just find conflicts between Merge modules and the same for the Products, or a...

Visio 2000

Has anyone out there succesfully packaged Visio 2000 Thanks,Rhonda T. :confused:

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

new user = new install kinda??

I am trying to get this understood. Why does every new user on a pc have to re-install an application? I have made current user key available to all users in the package (because then i apparently do not have to re-install it everytime.) But everytim...

Packaged?

Has anyone repackaged SecuRemote 4.5, SAP 6.2C2 or Visio 2000. I am having many problems with those. SAP 6.2C2 and Visio 2000 are .msi based but the .msi are in .exe format which Admin Studio doesnt like. I've tried repackaging both using snapsho...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running a MSI in /qb mode without using a switch at Install Time

When I repackage an application I would the MSI to run like an MSI package with the /qb switch even if the user double clicks it. I do not require that the user sees any of the standard dialogue boxes.Is there any way of setting a property perhaps i...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Just getting started

Can anyone out there point me in the direction of some VERY basic help in getting started with Admin Studio 3.5? We purchased AdminStudio 3.5 with the idea of using it to package (and repackage) for SMS installation of software and updates to all of...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checkpoint SecuRemote???

When I use install monitoring to repackage Checkpoint SecuRemote (4.5SP5) it reports "no changes to the system detected" even though SecuRemote is installed and functions properly.HELP!!!Thanks,Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Rights for Files/folders

I have used Admin Studio to repackage an app that puts a directory under program files. Like the directory above, 'Users' are given Read/Execute/List rights (Win 2k). Well, this app has a 'favorites' file that it needs to write/modify. Is there so...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos