cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Add button problem

(Excuse my bad english)I publish in Active Directory one package that I have made with Install Shield. After I install the application through "Add/Delete programs" in control panel, the button "Add" continues enabled, and the application continues a...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging SQL Personal 2000 using AS3.5

I am repackaging SQL Personal 2000 for inclusion into an installation with an application that relies on a particular configuration. For now, it's safe to assume that SQL is not already present on the system. I am hoping that someone here has alrea...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repacking ??'s .. Can AdminStudio do this?

I'm currently using InstallShield Developer to create a setup for internal use and I'm looking to repack a few 3rd party installations and kick them off in my current setup.Can AdminStudio capture services being created? One of the ones I'm trying t...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

shortcut trailing \ in work dir

hi all,i have a shortcut with a working directory d:\apps\cwinII\i do not want it to append the trailing \ as it is a 16 bit app and this causes problems. The shortcut working dir in developer is set to [INSTALLDIR] and i install the msi with :msiex...

Application isolation

What about nt4? is isolation not supported under NT4? all other OSES are mentioned except nt4...not even a "hard luck sucker" kinda thing. just not mentioned ;()

.msi in .exe format...

I have several software packages that I need to customize that use the Windows Installer but are in a .exe format. Is there anyway to customize the installation with a transform? SAP 6.2C2 & Visio 2000 are two in particular.Thanks,Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 1628 : Failed to complete installation

I know that many people are getting this error. I'm getting this one when I build a simple InstallScript MSI Project. The content of this project can be resumed to this :One feature called DefaultFeatureOne component called DefaultComponentOne text f...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

best path to "update" an MSI?

Ok, I have deployed a repackaged app, it works perfectly. Now i have an update for this app. I have repackaged the entire app again with the update, and also just the differences (hopefully).my question is, which is the best method of doing this? I w...

Custom action help

hello guys/girls. I am trying to add a custom action to an msi file. Basically i want one msi to finish installing and when it's done call another msi, can i call it from a unc path? \\servername\share\filename.msi ? Will this work if i try deploying...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

prevalidated Office XP MSI => 463 errors

Hello everyone!Straight away, I 'm a newbie, so forgive me if my question is trivial, but I 'm sort of stuck and I 'd appreciate any advice.As I prevalidated Office XP Professional US ( PROPLUS.MSI) with Tuner from AdminStudio 3.5, I received 463 er...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos