cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Repackage for multiple operating systems

I am attempting to repackage a very large (1GB of files) application. The target operating systems are Windows 9x and Windows XP.I have captured both of these installations and complied into seperate MSI's.What I need assistance with isa) During the ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISRepackager under Win98

I am running WIndows 98 under VMWare Workstation 3.2 and attempting to use the isrepackager to capture a setup (for any application).I start the isrepackager and get to the point where it attempts to capture the initial system status & it then just s...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling, force closing apps

is there a switch for msiexec that automatically closes any programs that are stopping it from uninstalling an msi? I am sure i have seen it somewhere. I need to uninstall apps without user input, because users input silly things.

Problems with published or advertised MSI files

When I assign a repackaged MSI file per GPO to computers everythink works as expected.When I assign or publish the same repackaged MSI file per GPO to users I have the following problem. The assigned MSI files creates the shortcuts in the users start...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Isolation Wizard - Manifests etc

I have a compliancy requirement for a desktop build that requires that every application installed on an XP desktop must be garaunteed to always use the dlls, ocx's etc that it was originally installed with. i.e. complete isolation of every product....

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package For The Web

Hello,I am using PackageForTheWeb to deploy a custom application. I do NOT want the package to be silent, however I do NOT want the user to be able to click on the cancel button while PFW extracts its files.Is there a command line switch I can use o...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

windows xp new programs installed

on the windows xp menu when you install a new program you get a bubble saying new programs available. how do i trigger this? I asume it is a registry setting..but where?

Conflict Solver philosophy: Products and Merge Modules

Am I right in thinking that the Products portion of ConflictSolver and the MergeModules portion are seperate functionally? What I mean specifically is, does the MM portion just find conflicts between Merge modules and the same for the Products, or a...