cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Custom action help

hello guys/girls. I am trying to add a custom action to an msi file. Basically i want one msi to finish installing and when it's done call another msi, can i call it from a unc path? \\servername\share\filename.msi ? Will this work if i try deploying...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

prevalidated Office XP MSI => 463 errors

Hello everyone!Straight away, I 'm a newbie, so forgive me if my question is trivial, but I 'm sort of stuck and I 'd appreciate any advice.As I prevalidated Office XP Professional US ( PROPLUS.MSI) with Tuner from AdminStudio 3.5, I received 463 er...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VBscript inside of msi

We have a folder that we want to make sure is deleted before an msi is run. To do this I have created a script in the Custom Actions. It does what it was supposed to do during the install but when I try running the application it tries running the ...

Problem with Transformer

I have made a transformer to Borlang Delphi 6, and what I want is to run this in unattended mode, without the user to see the dialog boxes.It's a response transformer, witch include answer to all dialog boxes under the installation. Including the lic...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

All users installation with user specific files

Hello,Here is a problem I have been trying to solve:I am creating an MSI for an application which requires some files in the users profile (AppDataFolder). These are user specific files and every user needs them installed in their own profile. But al...

uhm er repacked a repacked app?

I have a dumb question. I repackaged a lotus notes addon, but found a problem in it. the MSI install was heavily customised (over an hours work on the repackage machine alone) so i thought i would install it from the msi and then just make the last c...

Horrible Error 1322

Hi, i had a problem with adminstudio 2.0 when i build a setup using repackager while running the setup "Error 1322: A portion of the path exceeds the length of the system" is displayed when installing the product. The project build with no errors...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflict Solver date problem

I am having a problem today with the conflict solver program.Every program I have imported to the database today has a date related error. The Original date shows as 12 Jan 2002 and the mod date shows as dec 1 2002 (which is the correct date). Why do...

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Please Creating MSI's

I'm new to this so if this is a stupid question then sorry.When I use repackager to snapshot an application, I then convert the INC file to an MSI... when I then launch the MSI, 7 times out of10, The front screen of the MSI installer comes up with ga...

mnimmo by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos