cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just getting started

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Can anyone out there point me in the direction of some VERY basic help in getting started with Admin Studio 3.5?

We purchased AdminStudio 3.5 with the idea of using it to package (and repackage) for SMS installation of software and updates to all of our users desktops and some of our servers.

I want to start by sending a simple reg key for Office XP, actually Outlook XP acceptable extensions (per MS Q-article).

My challange is that I am not an Applications Designer (or anything of the sort), I'm the Data Center Admin and the SMS Admin, and I'm lost. I can see how to use the Wizard to create a package complete with files and the whole bit, but not a reg merge file only:confused:

What about a book on the basics...anything will help.

Thanks in advance for the help.
(1) Reply
We do have a book about repackaging and deployment concepts and practice: Administrator's Introduction to Application Repackaging and Software Deployment using Windows Installer, about which see www.installsheld.com/ispress.

We also hold regular training courses for AdminStudio, about which see www.installshield.com/training.