cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Inserting Data into Reg

I'm trying to insert a single char into the reg component using Admin 3.5. The problem is that it's the "}" char. Admin barks at me saying it's invalid alone. Is there any way to get this inserted by using a combonation of escape chars? Anyone have a...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WinZip 8.1 SR-1 Request

Okay,I've done a boat load of repackaging of loads of applications this past month and a half. BTW, I love Admin 3.5. It's pretty awesome. But now I'm throwing in the towel for WinZip. I've spent a lot of time here reseaching WinZip to see how others...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid Active Language in your project

I get this code when trying to package Quickbooks. it goes through the pasckage creation and MSI as well, but when \I run the MSI, the diolog's are all garbled. I get this message when trying to open the project with developer. I am fairly new to ...

Invalid language.

I have bought the language pack, installed it (although it doesn't seem to work properly as all dialogs even under german are in english...) and now when i repack a program under nt4 german i always get the unsupported language message. I know about ...

Conflict Solver?!?!?

I just started using conflict solver to resolve issues with my packages. I have a few questions as to how I resolve some of the issues I have run into. EXACTLY, how do I fix the following:ACE08" The file version '6.0.8665.0' of file 'mfc42.dll' in ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflict Solver?!?!?

Has anyone noticed when you generate a report in Conflict Solver a number of the issues lister dont reference the package with the issue. I generated ten reports and all of them, in each issue are missing the first package. Yeah I can figure it out...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

.ISM files ??

Using the Developer within the Admin Studio I loaded up an existing MSI file, made 2 changes to the file (in the properties) and saved it. It was saved as an .ISM file.How do I install this file? I need to install the original MSI and the changes I...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action VB Script...

I get an error stating 'loop' without 'do'. What is wrong with this? Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")CfgPath = Session.Property("SystemFolder") & "drivers\etc\services"CfgTmp = "C:\Winnt\System32\Drivers\Etc\services.tmp"Set Fin ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tuner Issues

I have a MSI that I loaded up into my Tuner. I then set a path to the MST file and picked CREATE RESPONSE TRANSFORMIt ran my MSI and I answered all of my windows (next, ok, next etc......)I then made 1 registry change and saved it.I then ran the fil...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Language packs

I just bought the Western language pack thing for my admin studio because i need to repack german software.I open the project, convert it in the wizard, double click the ism and always still...NO LANGUAGE SUPPORT?????????????? whats this then?and b...