cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Client Access Express 4.5

Has anyone had any luck repackaging IBM Client Access Express 4.5?
I've been able to create a working package but when I uninstall the product and reboot I get a BSOD that states:

STOP: 0x00000027

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM

I've researched this issue @ Microshaft.com (microsoft.com) and the KB article they have doesnt really help me out.

Does anyone know what would cause this when I uninstall my package?

Grrrrrrr,

Bryan
(4) Replies
Bryan,

Thank you for your question regarding RDR_FILE_SYSTEM. I checked the information at support.microsoft.com and you're right, it wasn't very helpful. Doing a quick check of the InstallShield web site and I found a thread which might shed some light on the issue:

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103712&highlight=RDRFILESYSTEM

It suggests that you might have repackaged some registry setting that you shouldn't have, and to try repackaging on a clean system. Let us know if this doesn't help with this problem.
Mark,

I've run my package against my os snapshot through conflict solver and it doesnt report any errors. I still get the RDR_FILE_SYSTEM issue. I repackaged on a clean machine using BOTH Install Monitor (which by the way didn't pickup over 3/4 of the shortcuts) and Snapshot. I receive the RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD using each method.

HELP!!!

Bryan
Bryan,

My apologies for not replying back sooner, we've been a bit busy over the past week. Are you doing your packaging on Windows 2000 by any chance? I found a reference in the Microsoft Knowledge Base that suggests that this is an OS bug fixed in Windows 2000 SP1.
Mark,

My build machine is Windows 2000 SP3. I would be happy to send you my .msi! 😄

Bryan