cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
can anyone tell me if they have used the MDAC 2.5(german) merge module from installshields web site successfully? I have tried 3 times to download it. and everytime i include it in a project it gives the following:

ISDEV : error -4072: Error retrieving dependency DCOM95.6FC97963_2511_11D4_BB8A_00C04F20D375:0 of \\isw6.infoserve.endress.com\isp-soft-all\Team VBScripting & ISP Pflege\_InstallShield\Merge Modules\german merge modules all\MDAC25.msm
ISDEV : fatal error -5087: Stop at first error

all the others (so far) seem ok. Any ideas?

uha..I downloaded the english variant of DCOM95.msm (because there isn't a german one?) and that has solved the problem. is the MDAC25 multilingual?
(2) Replies
I have got an application that requires MDAC25 German. I have finally got it all in the package, the corrct dependencies and everything. Just 2 small problems remain.

1: It ALWAYS installs MDAC, regardless of whether or not they were previously installed or not?

2: It reboots after the MDAC????

this means the actual application never gets installed. I need to get this one sorted. Anyone??
Ok, what is happening (i think) is this:

the install starts and "detects"?? that it must install MDAC. MDAC requires a restart, so the install does it, then following the restart i think it should automatically restart the script and resume the install. Not happening. Now when i try and de-install it i always get a "your pc must reboot" and then a reboot, followed by no de-install of the actual program.

Do i need to insert a custom acttion or something to enable this to work correctly?