cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Repackaging using install monitoring.

Can anyone tell me how this works?? I have tried it loads and i can only seem to get it to create the inc files. does it not copy the complete needed files too? Everywhere says that it is the best method, but i cannot get it to work? what did i miss?

QuickTime 6.1 repackage (newbie Q)

I am trying to repackage QT 6.1 using install monitoring. I have been trying to accomplish this for four nights now, starting to get crazy...I now have an msi that works when logged in as Administrator on XP and W2K, but QT crashes when a non-adminis...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Component Build Differences between AS 3.5 and 5.0

I am doing a side by side repackage of WinZip 8.0 on AdminStudio 3.5 and 5.0.5.0 gave a specific registry key in "..\Software\Shortcuts" the root value of "-1" or "USER SELECTABLE"Then in validation it generates an error (ICE57). The only other thin...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to build 1.x installer packages?

I just found out that my 2.0 built packages do not work on 1.x Windows installer machines. Is there a way to force adminstudio to build 1.x packages? Please let me know.Thanks!

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

AS 5 Handling of PackageCode

This may not be AS 5 specific - may just be the first time I've run into it.When I build the MSI in the Repackager or Developer it seems to auto-generate the PackageCode.In some ways this makes sense because if I've made changes, then technically the...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transforms - updating text files.

I am creating transforms to apply to the Office suite at present, and in our msi's that we have created, we have written a text file that helps our helpdesk know which applications users have intstalled i.e.App01 - Adobe AcrobatApp02 - Winzip etc...T...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio 5 Conflict DB

We've just upgraded to AS 5.0. We had to update the Conflict DB schema to version 5, but upon performing this, we are now unable to import ANY MSIs generated using AS3.5!!!??

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transofms not transforming MSOfficeXP

I have created about 20 times a transform for office XP. I run the msi exec and bosh, full install of office with no regard to my transform or my feelings...anyone else have problems with this? Or any idea why? I have created transforms for other pro...

semi silent install....

Hello...I have an installshield install created by a vendor. I am familiar with running the setup with the -r command to create a response file, then on the end user pc running the install silent:setup.exe -s -f1 This hides all user interaction. I w...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Validating MSI in Installshield 5

I upgraded to Installshield 5. I repacked the installation for Adobe Photoshop 7. After working in Developer on the ISM file, I built the MSI and validated it. It came up with some ICE errors, so I corrected them. I rebuilt the MSI. Now whenever...