cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Tuner and Repackaging MSI's

I've been told not to repackage an existing msi (from a vendor), but when I open the msi using developer or tuner, I cannot add merge modules. Is there a way to convert the msi into an ism so I can perform this action?

by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

An unknown error occurred while compiling irp to ism

Can anyone tell what happened here? I am trying to convert an isp to ism. The capture was done with Install monitorTuesday, April 15, 2003 11:54:26AMStarting conversionCreating Developer project: C:\InstallShieldProjects\INTUITY Message Manager\L...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation on Roaming Profiles....

Is it possible to install a MSI package for roaming profiles? Just suppose i have a msi based setup package ABC and I have installed it for a domain user, say XYZ, on a machine. Now what I want is that if user XYZ logos on some other machine then he ...

Prince by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to use templates with AdminStudio 5.0 repackager

I was doing a comparison between 3.5 and 5.0 and noticed that the repackager does not provide the ability to use a template when it is importing the ".inc" file. The Legacy Conversion Wizard in 3.5 had the ability to specify another MSI as a template...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What happened to Version 4?

I have been evaluating your Admin Studio 3.5, and I now see that you have a version 5. What happened? Wise came out first and you decided to skip a version? This is very troubling for evaluating inside our organization; my boss has asked me how I ma...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie needs help

Hello All, I am brand new to this process and need some assistance. I would like to know how to automate the install processes. I am able to create the .msi packages, but I would like to have no user intervention during the install. Do I need a t...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio 5 Repacker Build Gives 1501 on Options.ini

When I attempt to build a repackaged application in the repackager I get a 1501 on options.ini.The path given in the error uses the last subdirectory one time too many.So when the file is at w:\winzip\800\800\options.ini the build process reports it ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging using install monitoring.

Can anyone tell me how this works?? I have tried it loads and i can only seem to get it to create the inc files. does it not copy the complete needed files too? Everywhere says that it is the best method, but i cannot get it to work? what did i miss?

QuickTime 6.1 repackage (newbie Q)

I am trying to repackage QT 6.1 using install monitoring. I have been trying to accomplish this for four nights now, starting to get crazy...I now have an msi that works when logged in as Administrator on XP and W2K, but QT crashes when a non-adminis...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos