cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Current Directory property or variable referencing msi

Hi all,Is there a property or variable that I can use to reference the location where the msi is launched from ? for example:In c:\temp\app , I have c:\temp\app\test.msi and c:\temp\app\server.ini . I am creating a installscript and custom action t...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

create directory on first launch

Hello,I'm not sure this is something an MSI can do or if I need to just include a batch file within the msi for the main exectuable. Anyhow, is there a way to have some set of actions (create a directory, etc.) happen the first time a user launches ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Font Problem with Developer

It seems there is a bug in Developer 8.01 which is included with AdminStudio 5.0. If you try to open the properties of a font which is missing embedded version information, developer will crash with the following error:Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION (0x...

pcl driver

Is there a way to include the installation of a pcl driver (i.e. HP LJIII) in an installation package? In this case, RightFax requires a PCL driver installed prior to use.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving project to another location on pc?

hello guys. How do i go about moving my packages/project to another location on my pc. When i do move my packages, and run the project it opens up just fine, but when i try to compile it ..it is looking for source files in the original location. Any ...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackage to Merge Module?

Is it possible to repackage to a Merge Module? We want to create a set of merge modules for various third party applications rather than having a MSI.If this isn't possible with AdminStudio - is anyone aware of a tool that will conver an MSI to a MS...

AdminStudio 5.0: Repackage fails to honour exclusions

After creating a snapshot using AdminStudio 5.0, I started the new repackager and excluded file/registry entries... etc from the list provided. When I build the .ISM file and open this with Developer, all of the items that I excluded are in the pack...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe repackaging problems

From all the posts I have read, obviously many people have been able to repackage both Adobe Acrobat 5 and Photoshop 7 without difficulty. Can anyone throw some suggestions my way on how to accomplish this without 600 errors. I am working on a clea...

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Studio ver 3.5 Portland Or

Hello, Hope this isn't too much of an intrusion. Have a large Insurance client in Portland who is using Admin Studio ver 3.5 and is looking for a Systems Admin who also knows how to script in C and VB, looking for background in WSH and Zen as well. ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AlwaysInstallElevated

This isnt working!!! I have this key enabled under both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER. If I login as a user with " USER " rights and attempt to install / run an .msi I get an error that basically says that "you must be logged in as an ad...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos