cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Adobe Acrobat Writer 5

Aaahhhh !!!! i thought I had this working.I am trying to repackage Adobe Acrobat Writer 5, I have a win XP pro with no office installed. I have created the MSI and tested it.Under the user who installs it it works fine does not even try and self hea...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS office and General Application Security

HiAll I'm looking to do is be able to distribute MS office Apps to all of our users on CD Rom, but I do not want them to be able to install these MSI's on their own Personal PC'sWe have currently achieved this by placing a .txt file on our machines w...

mnimmo by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Settings rights on a folder?!?!?

Is there a way to create a basic msi package that does the following?Changes the rights on C:\Winnt\Installer; C:\Winnt\Temp;Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not Capturing Changes in Windows folder

Hi All, For some reason InstallShield is not capturing any changes in the Windows Folder and all subdirectories. I have created a new Exclusion from default, used InstallShield defaults and every combination under the sun with regards to the ini f...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflict Solver Question

Can Conflict Solver determine that two Windows Installer packages set different permissions on the same file or directory? I need to do this, but can't figure out how.Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks,Michael Krueger

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflict Solver?

Hello all, does anyone have any idea where I can get some detailed info regarding the setup process for the conflict solver? One of our DBA's was asking me some questions pertaining to number fields and other requirements for the table definitions.Th...

Mike_C by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio 5.0 Eval?

Hello guys and girls. I was wondering if the folks at Installshield have an Eval of AdminStudio 5.0 available online.Thanks

dynamox by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tivoli Version Requirements For SPD Distro

What version of Tivoli is required for SPD distros? The SPD file generated by InstallShield 5.0 has the following entry at the top of the file:"TIVOLI Software Package v4.2 - SPDF"So.......is Tivoli 4.2 required or will 4.1 work?Thanks

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Application Security

I am trying to figure out a way of distributing Microsoft Office XP plus other MS Apps, to remote users on CD. I am struggling to lock down security so that users would not be able install the applications on any PC's. We are currently looking at doi...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing loop?

I used the Repackager Snapshot to create an MSI package for a new program we bought. The program is Video Edit Magic 2.3.5 from www.deskshare.comWhen I tried to use the Installation Monitoring to create the package, I had a problem. On the clean ma...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos