Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Capturing Changes in Windows folder

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi All,
For some reason InstallShield is not capturing any changes in the Windows Folder and all subdirectories. I have created a new Exclusion from default, used InstallShield defaults and every combination under the sun with regards to the ini file. I am having this problem under 3.5 and 5.0 evaluation.

Any ideas?

Cam.
(3) Replies
Please make sure that your INI Filename does not match any of the INI files in the default or your own exclusion list.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have created all types of names, Minimal.ini, Cam.ini, blah.ini, still get the same problem, as I am sitting here capturing Microsoft Access 97, it is missing system.mdb from the system folder, along with other dlls and ocxs. This is on a fresh install of 5.0 evaluation and on a different workstation.

Cam.
Did you snapshot or InstallMonitor to repackage you product?
Are you sure you have'nt customised your exclusion list in any way. Use the Repackager IDE and open your project. Launch the Project properties dialog from Properties submenu under Project menu. Click on the Global exclusion tab. Select 'Do not use any external configuration file' option. And see if that helps