cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDAC 2.7 Progress Bar

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I recently built a package with Developer to deploy MDAC 2.7 SP1.
I'm using the MDAC27ENU.MSM which I downloaded from Installshield. I created a new project and merged the MDAC module into it. Then, I created a transform to run the install silently:

msiexec /i "mdac 2.7 sp1.msi" /T "mdac 2.7 sp1.mst" /qn

I've been able to suppress the Add/Remove Programs Icon as well as the automatic reboot. The installation is completely silent with one exception: The Microsoft Data Access Components window displays as the files are being extracted, and presents the user with a Cancel button. It seems like this window is being generated as part of the merged component, and I'd really love to get rid of it (or at least disable the Cancel and Close buttons). If the user cancels during the extraction process, the OS seems to be fooled into thinking that the package was installed, and everything goes down hill from there.
(2) Replies
Hello,

You can perform an unattended install of MDAC 2.7 with the following command line parameters

/q /C:"setup /QN1"

You can find more info on this at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b192009

Regards

Rajesh Tammana
InstallShield Software Corporation
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
😞 Thanks for your reply, but I had already been to the site you suggested. The article only applies to MDAC 2.5 and below. I tried it anyway, but it doesn't work on 2.7.