cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Enable auditing ???

I have a package that sets rights on a few folders, is there a way to enable auditing on those folders if I choose instead of the following manual process?– Right-click “My New Folder I want audited” in Windows Explorer> Properties > Security > Advan...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advertised Uninstall

I have a deceptively easy sounding question that I have not been able to find an answer to. I am hoping someone here happens to already know the answer.I deploy an MSI through GPO, when the user the application is assigned to is removed from the GPO...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom ACE's

I am trying to put a custom ace in my conflict solver which would allow me to check for any Uninstall key that my registry table may have. However it seems that string functions such as SUBSTRING, LEFT or RIGHT are not working due to which I am not g...

ConflictSolver 5.02 - Invalid object name 'cstblSubscribedData'

I get the following message Invalid object name 'cstblSubscribedData'after I have import a new application into the Conflict Solver Database, The DB is sat on a SQL server.I've only just upgrade to Value Pack 1 from SP1, I have a copy of the Upgrade ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run Elevated vs. RunAs??

Hi, all.I have a msi that needs to write to HKLM, and I'm having a problem getting privileges to do so.As a n00b at this packaging business, I'm confused with the AlwaysInstallElevated property.In RobertDickau's book, Admin's Intro to Application Rep...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Class not registered

After upgrading to VP1 click on Tuner from within ISAS and get the following messageiside : ! Class not registeredC:\Program Files\InstallShield\AdminStudio\5.0\Tuner\System\iside.log----------------02-Jul-2003, 13:17:10------------------Error: -21...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a Custom Config Transform

I'm not sure how to do this, or how BEST to do this. I want to install an application, in this case Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 (which nicely enough is a vendor supplied MSI). AFter the installation I want to make some customizations to the application....

Setup and running

Hello all. I am new to the repackaging arena so forgive my lack of knowledge. I have a question. I have a clean PC that i want to run the repakcage wizard from. I am testing Admin Studio 5. The documentation says to run the setup.exe from the C:\Prog...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos