cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Anti-Virus 8.0 Corporate Eidtion

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Has anyone succesfully repackaged this application, in such away that is assignable via Active Directory. I would prefer to assign it to the machine, but will assign to users if necessary.

I've tried repackaging it using the Install Monitor, and the Class snapshot approaches. It seems as all files get install but the services won't start, and the application crashes while trying to do a virus scan.

I've also tried the MSI files are created with the Symantec Packager, to no avail. I followed a few docs in the knowledge base to help with installing them with the isscript.msi on the machine.

Has anyone out there gotten this to work?

--Matt
(5) Replies
Make sure you checked "Map NT Service events to the ServiceControl table" option in Advanced Settings view under Repackaged Output node in the Repackager IDE when building the .msi
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks for the recommendation. I have done that in the past, still not working. There are a few other threads on here, saying they have had problems.

The only solution I've seen is to use an MSI with a custom action to install the MSI file, but that sounds a bit like a hack to me. Although at this point, I am willing to try just about anything.

--Matt
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I continue to get an error message about "Environment Not Available".

And the service will not start.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Matt
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Yes we have packaged this....both server and workstation editions.

Are you still having problems -do you still need a resolution to package this ?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Chris,

We are still in need of a solution ...

Thanks,

Matt
Top Kudoed Authors