cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio 5.0 SP1 to SP2 update

I installed my Admin Studio 5.0. Then run update online. My Admin Studio is now on 5.02.I ran a Tuner which gives me an error of
" Class not registered".Ran Developer which actually does nothing at all.I think SP 2 of Admin Studio has a bug.Please inform me of the fix ASAP,jose_tagle@baxter.com
(6) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
During the update process, Setup installs AdminStudio and then InstallShield Developer setup is triggered. It is very important that we let InstallShield Developer setup finish to completion. Tuner is dependent on few files that are installed by Developer.

If these files are not installed and registered, Tuner will not launch and give the error message "Class not registered".
Also Developer will not work as it was not installed properly.

So please make sure that you don't cancel out when Developer is being installed. Canceling out during the Developer installation will still install your AdminStudio pieces.

If you still see the problem please let me know.
After my AdminStudio installed and updated to 5.02, there is a "finish" button, inside the online InstallShield update. I close this window.
No warning at all.
Activate AdminStudio, but it doesn't want to connect to my Application Catalog server (SQL). It can't find the server.

I click on the version of InstallShield and it did said 5.02
We have 3 development laptop of the same problem.

I wish we could just have the CD of AdminStudio 5.02.
all 3 of our development machine neither will uninstall AdminStudio now.
We have to rebuild the whole thing.
:mad:
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Once your AdminStudio is running, you can always go to Catalog menu and then select Connect. From the Connect dialog you can select SQL Server and then select the appropriate server and database with which you want to connect.

AdminStudio will try to connect with your 5.0 database and ask you if you want to upgrade or not. If you say "Yes" it will upgrade your schema from 5.0 to 5.02

It will not connect with your 5.0 schema if you say "No" as AdminStudio 5.02 requires the latest schema.

What do you mean when you say you have to rebuild the whole thing? Do you mean creating SQL databases from the scratch?

Also were you able to launch Tuner and Developer?
:confused:

When did Sp2 for AdminStudio 5.0 launched???
No release notes on downloads section....

Please update

:confused: Nio
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
We call it AdminStudio Value Pack 1 and it was release on June 30th. You can find the release notes at

http://www.installshield.com/news/default.asp?id=689
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I had a very similar problem. It turned out that the value pack was not uninstalling Developer complete/correctly. My solution was to reinstall adminstudio from CD then uninstall it. This got rid of developer also. Then as long as you know where the value pack was downloaded (usally c:\program files\install shield\setup files.) you can install it straight from there. Just make sure you have your serial number handy.