cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

trying to create a service

hi alli'm a newbie with adminstudio and here is my problem;i have create an msi file with success but i still have a problem, i don't know how to create a service into my win2k pc.i don't even know where to start.thanks in advance for your help.

kardock by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 1919

i am very new in installsheild. I had created a software package for NT, like setup.exe. this software require Mdac2.7. so i package with this software. Everything went fine, except for when i run setup.exe on client's computer, at the end i get erro...

usarif by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager

When the Repackager is installed on the Packager's machine and you create a package (classic mode or monitoring)and you specify that the project will replace the files with the merge Modules, instead the project installs the files and also the merge ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

duplicate add/remove program entries

One of my co-workers repackaged an application that uses a native MSI. We cannot find the original media to use the original MSi, so we are stuck with his re-packaged one for now. The MSI works, but creates 2 slightly different Add/remove program ent...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Package MSI

Receintly I wnt through the AdminStudio training in Chicago. During the training we did an exercise in which we embedded a tranform within an MSI and saved it as a new one. I cannot however seem to remember how to do this. I would like to create a tr...

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customize the ISS file

Is there any way to pass certain Public Properties to the Installer via the ISS file?Thank you!Paul

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Value Pack for AdminStudio 5

1. When retrieving the Value Pack for AdminStudio 5, the installation file setup.exe for the Repackager is not included. What does Installshield recommend when we have only the Repackager installed on the Packager's machine and you want to update to ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Anti-Virus 8.0 Corporate Eidtion

Has anyone succesfully repackaged this application, in such away that is assignable via Active Directory. I would prefer to assign it to the machine, but will assign to users if necessary.I've tried repackaging it using the Install Monitor, and the ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos