cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Is there a way to convert demoshield installation into MSI?

I have an application which is an install shield installation. But the installation is wrapped in demoshield. I search the installation CD but could not find the MSI file. Is there a way to convert the demoshield installation? I have to run the inst...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Repackage Error

I have tried repackaging Adobe 4.0 using the snapshot and install monitor methods and have gotten the same error which follows when running the MSI. Error 1402.Could not open key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\Adobe\Acrobat\4.0.Verify that you have suff...

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error While converting

I keep receiving an error while attempting to convert an inc to an ism file. I shold not say an error, but the Legacy Setup Conversion wizard keeps freezing on "Creating Components for the files captured"I created the inc using system monitoringAny h...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Value Pack-SMS

I just installed the Value Pack and have been creating SMS packages through the Admin Studio via the Distribution Wizard. I have a question regarding doing a silent installation on office 2000. When specifying the type of install I do a automated i...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie - remove Outlook from Office

I am *reasonably* familiar with concepts of MSI etc and know I have to use a transform file to remove Outlook from the standard Office install but am more used to using Wise Installer: I'm forced to use AdminStudio by my current employer.So, my quest...

Install runs self-heal for RegistryData_User component

Hello guys. When i install my app via Active directory (assigned), when i log in the first time, it automatically runs the self healing process, i dont even click anything. I looked in the event viewer for the component id and found it in the compone...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Console One

Has anyone successfully packaged Console One? I'm not repackaging it but am trying to create a basic .msi (creating the components myself through the wizard). I get an error stating "this application has failed to start because jvm.dll was not foun...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile Installation

Hello,I want to install a msi package to some other's profile so that such user can use the application properly. All the files should be installed to his profile folder only and similarly user registry key should be created accordingly. How can I do...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing dialog boxes

I am a newbie to repackaging using AdminStudio 5.0I am trying to repackage a small program called Geo - version 2.2 How can I repackage so that it will not display any dialog boxes (Welcome and Finish) to the end user (except the status, of course)?...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos