cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Preventing DSN from repairing

Hello,I'm trying to get a DSN from repairing when another person logs onto the machine. I've been fighting with it for awhile and finally decided to remove the DSN from the project file and create a new component with the DSN registry entries in it ...

InstallShield AdminStudio detail documentation

Does anyone know of good online sites or books that show how to use InstallShield AdminStudio from start to end in detail? I'm looking for a book that shows good examples of repackaging to conflict solving. The book recommended on this site doesn't r...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ODBC dll not copied to the destination folder

Hi allI am repackaging an application that creates ODBC DSNs and ODBC driver. However, the dbodbc7.dll (which is the driver) is copied to C:\windows\system32 folder instead of the correct destination folder, as a result, the DSNs do not work.When I c...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

custom action

hi allit's me, the newbie again i have created a custom action and i need it to run on uninstall only, how can i tell it to my msi? don't forget, you have to detail your answer for me to understand it loll.thank you all.ps; have a nice week-end!

kardock by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

compressed msi and setup.exe

Using the Developer IDE Release Wizard, is it possible to create a compressed msi file and then a setup.exe to launch it? I can only seem to get it to create either a compressed msi with no setup.exe launcher or an uncompressed msi (with associated ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permissions on registry keys

I tried to set permissions voor a group on registry keys on NT 4.0. This seems not to work I get the error: 1609 with the message that computername\Administrators is not a valid user or group. The SDK says something about it: "A custom action is req...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

tuner/windows installer error

For two similar application suites, I attempt to create a response MST to their pre existing MSI file. When I've finished creating the response and tuner attempts to open, I get the following error message:Windows Installer Error 2252 C:\Docume~1\u...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

dialog display

hi allaside from the /qn option on the command line, how can i disable the dialogs when an app is installing?i have to click on next 1 time and on finish at the end of the install, i want to skip those, in fact i want to skip everything but the statu...

kardock by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

project end date

does the project end date / start date (defined in the project properties page) have any influence over data entry for migration requests ?is this intended just for info purposes ??

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos