cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Template advice

I am new to the forum and need some help. I have several packages that are writing (appending) information to the windows (XP Pro) environment variable. The problem is that this information is regarding an ODBC driver and the info in removed on uni...

mupdike by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Condition of existing folder

Is there a condition that I can use to check if a folder is present or not that can be used in the InstallExecuteSequence?i.e. Runs a CA if a folder is present. IsEmpty FOLDER ?Thanks

User registry entries failing

Hi,When I deploy my package, that contains registry entries for both HKLM, HKCU and HKU\.Default, the HKCU entries are not installed. The entries for HKLM and .Default are installed perfectly, but .Default is not replicated to HKCU when the user prof...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shorcut to a network connection

Hi all, I'm using installshield adminstudio and I have a package wich installs Ras - dial-up connections. This is working without a problem. I would like to place a shortcut, to a connection, on the users desktop. If you create a shortcut manually I ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preparing to install dialog pop up every time

I used snapshot method to put the application in the starup folder. I would like this application to launch everytime we restart the system. I noticed "Preparing to install" and "Gathering required information" pop up eveytime before the applicatio...

Urgent Problem

Hi all !I need to deploy a file everytime a (new) user logs on. The installation of the program is started automatically if the user has permissions for the software.Is there something like the "HKLU" for Registry Key wich installs everytime when the...

A_-User by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 - Again

I’m deploying the said product through SMS, using the SMS admin account, as mine is a locked down environment.I have no problems installing and using Acrobat 6.0, but as part of any good QA, I'm also try and uninstall through SMS, using again the SMS...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 1606

Could not access network location Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004\The problem I am having is that the package will work when doing it manually but when I try to deploy thru Active Directory the evenlog have Error 1606 in it. I have looked up ref...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote launch of OS Snaphot Wizard

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to launch the OS snapshot without having to install Installshield Admin Studio on the same PC that I am taking an OS snapshot of.Thanks,Alan

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos