cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Remote launch of OS Snaphot Wizard

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to launch the OS snapshot without having to install Installshield Admin Studio on the same PC that I am taking an OS snapshot of.Thanks,Alan

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory overwrite settings

I have a folder component "FOLDER_ROOT" it's the root of the software (INSTALLDIR). The only thing within this component is 4 files which I need protected from overwrite.Now, there are also subfolders under this root, but they don't have their own ...

Short file name problem

Hi,I have repackaged my application with IS Repackager.One key in an .ini file points to "Program Files". The key appears in the inc file like this:MyKey=_Short(%ProgramFilesFolder%\MyApp)When I convert to an .ism file and build my MSI, the key valu...

bertilh by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Options.ini

I set most of SIS (System Information Stream), Add/Remove Programs, Product Property information with Options.ini, and my .ism's reflect none of these entries.

tattman by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple versions of a application from one setup

Hi,I am a new bie to IS. I do not know what I am trying to achieve using IS Pro 6.3 is possible or not, please give me suggestions and show me the path.My requirement is to Build a setup which would install multiple versions of my application (NEPars...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How identify driver locations

I am trying to package ActiveSync 7.1. The package works but when I plug in the PocketPC it can't find the location of the driver. I have to manually point it to C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\drivers. I already did a comparison using snapshop...

brothe by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing an entry in the config.nt file

I have an application that requires the config.nt file be changed. One of the entries needs to be changed to files=255. I can easily replace the file with the install but that's not a good thing. I need to be able to change this setting in the file w...

brothe by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change installation drive

Gday all!We have a whole bunch of applications packaged to install to the [ProgramFilesFolder], which ends up being c:\Program Files. Now we want to install the same apps on a Citrix server, where the D drive is the only drive with enough space. I as...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Photoshop elements 2.0

I have been trying to repackage photoshop elements. i run the snapshot to get the .inc and then take that into developer i get a bunch of errors regarding the product code they are ic33 errors. After fixing those in the registry or at least thinking ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos