cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Repackaging Complex Applications

The application is complex because it is a collection of 4 setup.exes. One of which contains an embedded msi. My question is there any best practices for repackaging complex applications like this? At my company we have a policy of not repackaging ve...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to validate with Installahield 5.5

Hello - I've just installed Windows 2003 Server on a new Dell machine and installed AdminStudio 5.5. When using DevStudio, everything seems to work except the Full Validation Suite. My Build works fine but when I try to perform a Full Validation Suit...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulling my hair out.

I have three MSI packages. That need to be installed in a spicific order. How do I do it. I have tried playing with custom actions but it just does not seem to work.

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MATLAB: IS Dev8 crashing

I am repackaging MATLAB 13.1 into an msi for distribution. I have successfully converted the application into an msi using the method of one cab per component. This however produces a redistributable with 4,393 files, not exactly ideal when the dire...

mupdike by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Search

OK, what am I over looking???Can "System Search" be used to build an install condition to keep a setup from running.For example I am building a Oracle Client and want to keep it of the Database Administrators PC's (As they are always testing out new ...

Error 2835 and 1904

I get the following errors when I run an msi that I have created with AdminStudio 5.5. There are about 20 - 30 files that get the same error so hopefully this is a simple fix.MSI (s) (04:18): Executing op: RegSelfReg(File=ipsacctserv.dll,FileID=ipsa...

AdminStudio 5.5 and "HKEY_Classes_Root" problems

I am repackaging an application using Adminstudio V5.5 and having issues with registry entries not coming across. With AdminStudio V5 when I repackaged the same application it worked with no issues. The problem is with entries in HKEY_Classes_Root. A...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSI's and Active Directory

I am a new user to the AdminStudios software and would like to thank the developers for creating this tool that is fairly easy to learn and very powerful. It is already making my life simpler.My question today is about MSI's and Active Directory. I r...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Conditions - Newbie Question

Hello, I have just started to use Admin Studio 5.0 after migfrating from wise.I need to do the following:1. Immediatly check to see if a registry key is present.2. If it is exit, else continue with the install.things I have done,Added a search to the...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tuner crashes with no error

I've created a response MST to an prepackaged MSI application called WRQ Reflection X. Whenever I click on Files and Folders, Tuner "crashes" (i.e. closes) without error message. Any clues on how to resolve this?This is using Admin Studio 5.02

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos