cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConflictSolver Wizard missing check boxes

When using the ConflictSolver Wizard -> Import MSI/MSM, the checkboxes in the Destination Groups dialog are invisible, but still functional, in that selecting/deselecting the whitespace where the checkbox should be selects/deselects the appropriate group.

It looks like the checkbox icon is missing, but the control is still present.

Also this same behaviour can be seen when selecting the Source Package from a Group when running the ConflictSolver Wizard -> Conflicts.

No other problems seen with any of the other AdminStudio components, other than the above.

The environment is Windows 2000 Professional SP4, AdminStudio 5.02 Value Pack 1.

Has anyone seen this problem, and fixed it?
(3) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I believe that you are encountering this problem when importing from Developer. In which case, this problem has been identified and fixed.

You speculation as to the source of the problem is quite correct. The checkbox icon resources for this dialog where not locateable by Windows when invoked from Developer.

Allen Saxton
InstallShield AdminStudio Development
AllenSaxton,

Can we expect a service pack (VP 2) to address this and other issues known to exist in AS 5.02? I don't want to upgrade at this time to 5.5 so that is not an option.

Bryan
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
To the best of my knowledge, there are no current plans for a service pack to AdminStudio v5.02. The problem is relatively minor and confined to Developer - ConflictSolver integration.

Since there is an acceptable work around to simply import the package from ConflictSolver, I believe that our management wants us to focus on fixes and enhacements to out current product versions.

Allen Saxton
InstallShield AdminStudio Development