cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Removing cached files

If i allow the Installer to put a cached MSI into downloaded installations and then remove the MSI the cache remains. I assume a custom action is required to remove it on uninstall. I don't want to use ISScript..so VBScript it is..or is there another...

Repackager and Merging 2 ISM projects

I have a repackaging project I am working on that involves creating a single MSI with 4 feature trees from 4 repackaged MSIs. My idea was to simply create the feature trees in a new MSI and use the export component feature on each component from the ...

Legacy Conversion - SMS Installer

I am trying to establish how good AdminStudio is at converting SMS Installer packaged apps to MSI format.What "hit-rate" does it have at this conversion in practice and what do we need to watch out for. Any advice is appreciated.Many thanks

Darrat by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very New to AdminStudio 5.5

Hi, I've been trying out the test drive version for a couple weeks now.Any tips for packaging up MS Office 97 Pro? I'm having a pretty hard time making a working MSI package to deploy via group policy from a Win2k server.I have gotten a few small ap...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multi String values bug ?!

(AdminStudio 5.5)I have the following problem. It could be a bug.When i snap multi string registry entries, the repackager will create a nir file that looks pretty ok:_________________________________________________[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Micro...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't build msi for MS Access 2003 runtime

I'm having misery trying to repackage an Access 2003 Runtime installation into msi format. I'm very new to the program and don't know how to decipher the installation log. I've tried Installation Monitoring mode and Snapshot mode. Has anyone out t...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Cleaner

Does anyone have any experience with Package Cleaner? I’ve downloaded the demo, but it doesn’t show me much more than a interactive brochure. There is a single glowing review about it on the web. As a new repackager I might be interested in using ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with multistring values in registry !!

Hi! I have problems with registry multistring values with Adminstudio 5.5. When i look from repackager those values everything seems to be ok , there is few multistring values as there should be, but when i convert it to ism file or msi everything un...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Variable searched for a folder

I search a variable wich I can use in the Installshield Tuner.My Problem is, that I wish to add some settings to an ini-File who is always on the system. But I have problems with different OS Languages. English XP:C:\Documents and Settings/...German ...