cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Quality Monitor

Does QualityMonitor tool come with Installshield X too? Or is it available atleast as a standalone utility that we can download from Installshield website? I find this tool useful but i don't want to buy AdminStudio. I'm already using DevStudio and m...

rbrinda by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

use existing registry value as part of path in folder creation

Hello,I have created a System Search to Search for the value of a particular registry key and use this value to create another regsitry key i.e. create a feature with a component, the component creates a registry value, the feature install level is s...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Drive V:\

Hello,I Have a apllication that need a drive V:\When I open the file .inc with Developer, appear in Property Manager a property with name DIRPROPERTY and with value V:\But if I don´t exclude this property of Property Manager, I can't publish this MSI...

ProgramFilesFolder showing My product Name My Company Name

Hello.I captured a package using Repackager in Monitor Mode.I opened in Editor XI notice under Application Data > Files and Folders > ProgramFilesFoldersit says My Company Name and My Product Name followed by INSTALLDIRCan some one please explain wh...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM WebSphere Studio and large applications

Hi! Has anyone tried to package IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.1.2? This is a huge application (and that's being nice) with over 40,000 files and coming in at about 1.4 GB. I'm getting nermous -6651, -6653, and -6271 build errors. I...

Install Conditions & System Search

Okay, hopefully this is a simple one.System Search: Look for MSACCESS.exe in appropriate folder and store in value "OLDACCESS97"In Install Conditions: I want to know if it IS located.So, if it finds the EXE I'm assuming it assigns a "TRUE" or "1" v...

Pre-created InstallScript code?

Hello there,I am extremely new to AdminStudio and am doing some coding using InstallScript. I was wondering if there is a place to view code that has already been written so I can browse and see if I can find answers to questions before asking for h...

Oracle.....

All,I am currently packaging up Oracle 6i, 8i and Developer 2000 into .MSI's. I have so far managed to package up 6i and Dev2k and am in the process of packaging up 8i, which with any luck should be done by the end of the day.Now my question to you a...

Inabus by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Working Directory for Custom Action

I am trying to create a custom action that calls an EXE file from C:\WINNT\Utils. I would like the custom action to use this location as a variable so it can run on other OS'I have created a Directory entry as follows:Directory Direc...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create .txt file

Is there any way to create a .txt file, and use variables in it? (for example [%USERNAME]I´m using InstallShield Adminstudio 5.5

bjornm by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos