cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

how to update already deployed application?

Is there anyway to change the customization done to a deployed app (which was done using an MST file), which was deployed using Active Directory 2000 GPO?We deployed Citrix's ICA 8.0 client recently, and forgot to remove one of the shortcuts. I'm wo...

Mdac 2.8

Quick question - Have any of you come across many apps which require MDAC 2.8? We are JUST starting to see a couple here and there, so I was wondering if we should expect an onslaught, or if they seem to be far and few between. Any feedback would be...

error 1334

hi, i am getting error that index1.idx1 can not be installed because the file can not be found in the cabinet file data1.cab there is either a network error or CD-Rom error or the package is not proper. when i open my data1.cab i can not fin...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

opening transform package

hi ,any idea why it doesn't prompt me to select the msi file after the 2nd time i try to edit with devstudio ?

locked down environment

Can someone help me please? I have an application that is creating a temporary file in the root of C when it is launched. Of course as an Admin it has no problem but as a user in a locked down environment it does not work. I tried to go around by cre...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat install

I am trying to install Adobe Acrobat Professional through Group Policies. I am able to do this but when I try to use it, the program says I do not have a valid license. I had created an mst file for this install and have applied it. In it there is...

Problem with rights?!?! Or is this a Bug?

Hello,I have a problem with rights on an Windows XP OS System.Some Files (e.g. master.cfg) I added manually via the InstallShild canĀ“t be accessed from "Power User" or normal "user" they got the message:"Access is denied." after the Installation with...

InstallScript Engine Missing

I am working with the Dell Open Manage MSI that was extracted from the setup file they provided using the /A switch. When you try to run the MSI it comes up with the Install Script Engine is missing. How can I get this added to the MSI so I can depl...

Removing cached files

If i allow the Installer to put a cached MSI into downloaded installations and then remove the MSI the cache remains. I assume a custom action is required to remove it on uninstall. I don't want to use ISScript..so VBScript it is..or is there another...

Repackager and Merging 2 ISM projects

I have a repackaging project I am working on that involves creating a single MSI with 4 feature trees from 4 repackaged MSIs. My idea was to simply create the feature trees in a new MSI and use the export component feature on each component from the ...