cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Packaging workstation setup from network location

Hi all, I have an app that is located on a network share and hosted from there. There is a legacy setup for the workstations to install DLL's, registry information, text-to-speech etc. The packaging process worked out I think. When I deploy this pack...

InstallShield Admin Studio COM Dll Registeration

Hi, I am using InstallShield Admin Studio 5.0, i have created an COM server registeration using VB6.0 Dll, this dll is part of my MSI Installer Package. when i run the MSI Installer , it register this dll automatically. my question is that, when inst...

Lack of training a HUGE issue.

Hi,I'm from Australia and am having absolutely NO luck whatsoever in finding any training for Installshield AdminStudio or Developer.Apparantly the only company that provides the training here is a company called Microway.The last time I tried to arr...

Active Directory Instructions

We have many customers who have a network and several PCs on the network but do not make use of a knowledgeable administrator to perform Admin duties such as creation of admin installation points and delivery of installations using Active Directory. ...

mapped drives

Hi there,I've created an image which allows users to run an application from a mapped drive. This is important for two reasons. The first is the software on the remote server is greater than 2GB in size (not ideal to copy this to every computer in ...

chele327 by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

oracle client

hello everyone, i am new to install shield and admin studio plz anybody can help me by telling me how to make a package of oracle client i tried alot using install shield but of no use then somebody on the forum told me about t...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stream File From Binary Table using VBScript ?

Hi,Anyone know if its possible to stream a file from the binary table using VBScript ? Normally use Installscript but present way of working means that all custom actions must use VBScript.Thanks in advancePugster

Pugster by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop and Start the printspooler from a MSI

Dear readers,Background:Iam repackaging PDF995, which installs a pdf printer.It install fine, but the printer does not become visible until the printspooler is stopped and restarted.Tried:Make a component Spooler that stops and start the spooler serv...

IDriver2.exe

Just curious, what is the purpose of IDriver2.exe?The file is a duplicate of IDriver.exe.

Unknown error after loading registry

When trying to repackage "3DS MAX 5" I receive an unknown error after loading registry entries. The build log and inc2msi log (below) do not show any more detail.Can anyone give any clues as to why the build is failing and where I should start lookin...

lhaynes by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos