cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of training a HUGE issue.

Hi,

I'm from Australia and am having absolutely NO luck whatsoever in finding any training for Installshield AdminStudio or Developer.

Apparantly the only company that provides the training here is a company called Microway.
The last time I tried to arrange training through them, they said the courses would not be run as there were not enough numbers to make it worth while to hold a class.
I have since called for when the next classes are available and they are not for SIX MONTHS away and STILL no guarantee they will run!!!!

I was told I could have a one on one class at the cost of 6 times the normal fee (as this is their minimum class size I guess). This would cost more than 20,000 Aussie dollars.

Is there ANYWHERE in my country other than Microway I can get the training I require? If not then Installshield reallly needs to do something about this its very disappointing and my company will probably have to use another product 😞
(3) Replies
I could use a working vacation at your house! Are you anywhere near the great barrier reef?
Greg,

My name is Crispin Luxton and I am a Senior Technical Consultant/Trainer for Macrovision (formerly InstallShield) based in the UK. I have worked with Microway for a couple of years now in both Sydney and Melbourne (with 3 trips down to Australia to deliver training) and would ask that you contact Chris Erickson of Microway to discuss this further.

I have been in contact with Chris about your concerns and I'm sure we can help you out.

Kind Regards,
Crispin.
Hi Greg

Thanks for your posting - and sorry to hear we have not had a course running at a time convenient for you.

As you may recall, we ran the Repackaging using AdminStudio course in Sydney in November, but you were unable to attend. Unfortunately the Melbourne course did not run due to too few bookings (ie: 1 booking) - which can tend to be the case with Melbourne courses due to the lower demand. Sydney based courses usually always run.

We also presented Learning MSI projects using InstallShield X (ie: Developer) training in September, and again in late November (just a couple of weeks ago). However, based on previous discussions, we were not aware that the Developer course was one you were interested in. We do arrange un-scheduled public courses when ever there are sufficiently expressions of interest to do so.

There are minimum requirements for onsite presentation of the courses as you point out, and Public courses will always be more cost effective for smaller groups.

At this stage we have Public course scheduled for February 2005 (Learning MSI projects using InstallShield X (ie: Developer) and May 2005 (Repackaging using AdminStudio). Details can be found at http://www.microway.com.au/training/index.htm

I'll contact you today to clarify your requirements and ensure we have you on a notification list in the event we are able to arrange a course sooner than the next scheduled dates.

For information or issues relating to InstallShield training in Australia and New Zealand, please contact me.

Chris Erickson
Software Consultant and Senior Trainer
MicroWay
Australia
www.microway.com.au
Ph: 1300 553 313 or +613 9580 1333