cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Unknown error after loading registry

When trying to repackage "3DS MAX 5" I receive an unknown error after loading registry entries. The build log and inc2msi log (below) do not show any more detail.Can anyone give any clues as to why the build is failing and where I should start lookin...

lhaynes by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

REG_DWORD values missing the sign bit

AdminStudio v5.5I have used the repackager to snapshot an application install.In the standard.nir file I have registry dword values of FFFFFFFF. If I look at the same registry values in the repackager or direct edit the msi the sign bit has been str...

Deploy SMS 2003 Admin Console

I am trying to capture the SMS admin tool to an MSI so that I can send it out to remote site admins. The only way I have been able to get it to work is to actually put the SMS CD in the computer and run setup. Has anyone else created a package for ...

HKCU data not writting

Hello,i have a problem with my package :- when i run my package on my test vmware everything works fine and the data in current user is written.- when i change user i would like the same data to be written in it's current user.what should i do in my ...

File and registry permissions

I am in the process of evaluating deployment packages and am having some trouble determining how to get adminstudio repackager to record file and registry permissions for redeployment. I need to monitor setup applications, some custom that make per...

joebob by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to package shortcuts?

HiI am finding AdminStudio 6 the hardest product to get shortcuts to a:/ install correctly and b:/ workHere's what I do:1. Run the 1st Snapshot.2. Create a directory on C:\ with all of the files in it.3. Create a directory on the All Users\Start Menu...

Appending a patch after original install?

Hi,I have 2 installers. A retail installer, and a patch. I want the patch to install automatically after the first installer has finished. Either that or repackage the first installer to include the patch.I'm sure this is really easy to do, but I'm q...

SOURCELIST property for caching locally

I wish to cache my msi sources locally e.g in a hidden folder on the C drive so laptop users may self-repair when offline. Can the SOURCELIST property be used for this? All references to SOURCELIST refer to URL and network locations, can this propert...

Swipe99 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

From InstallSrcipt msi to basic msi

Dear reader,Iam trying to get rid of the InstallScript script functionality in Corel's Graphics Suite 11 and making a basic msi of it.I read & tried the tips on appdeploy.com but they don't deliver the right thing so when AdminStudio 6 came along I w...

Newbie: Predefined folders?

Please help!I have been landed on site with a system I have never seen before and no manuals available to me. I've got some basic background knowlegde, but that's it!!Where can I find a complete list of Predefined Folders? I need to ammend an mst fil...

ScubyUK by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos