cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Linked to Application without Evidence

We are more frequently getting the error message "License Linked to Application without Evidence".  How does one go about figuring out which application that might be the offender?  I've looked into all the apps listed and cannot find one without evidence.  Why throw up an error without showing which application is causing the error in the app list?

Thanks

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Applications with no evidence linked can be found by adding a filter on the All Applications page:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

But how do you resolve this?

Alert "The license is linked to an application without evidence."? The source is Local and no Installation or usage is found. Should I change status as deferred?

Since the source of the the application is local, you will need to manually assign installer, or file, evidence to the application to clear this alert message and cause ITAM to report installations of this application. 

The Online help for ITAM provides details about how to search for and add evidence to an application. "Add more evidence: Optionally type some of the evidence name in the search field, and click Search. A list of matching evidence is displayed. Select the appropriate item from the search results (check that it is not already Assigned to a different application), and click Add evidence."
https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/App-EvidTabInstSub.html

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

If you do not need the application record, you can probably just delete it.

For awareness, the following known issue may be the cause of many situations where an application appears with a "Source" of "Local" after it was previously set to "Flexera", and where it has not evidence linked:

Local assignments of evidence to titles is lost when evidence is removed from the ARL, and applications with Source changed from "Flexera" to "Local" may end up with alert "This application is not linked to any evidence" (IOK-1094385)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

And we are working through this process!!  Thanks for all the replies!

And I have learned something today!  Thank you!  I will likely be able to narrow this down now.