cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping Applications/Evidence

Hi,

In All Applications, we appear to have a lot of overlapping applications. Some have zero installations and others do have installations. Should we only be proactively monitoring the ones with zero installations along with the ones that do have installations? Something that looks odd to me is Microsoft .NET Framework 19 (no installations) is saying it has overlapping evidence. When I look at the overlapping applications, it is linked to Oracle Net 19c. How can a Microsoft application overlap with an Oracle product?

In addition, where we do have installations of other applications that say they have overlapping evidence, the online guide indicates that you can only remove overlapping evidence that have both the Added evidence and Overlapping evidence columns displaying Yes, but I see lots of applications like this where these columns display No and therefore you can't remove them as the remove button is greyed out.

We are quite stumped on how to correctly handle overlapping applications/evidence and would really appreciated some help.

Thanks

(4) Replies

The screenshot that you included shows that evidence for 'Net' was linked to the the Microsoft application '.Net Framework 19' by someone in your Flexera One instance. You can see this because the source for '.Net Framework 19' is local. 
That would be why the same application evidence is linked to the applications from two different publishers. Because these are two different publishers, I would suggest removing the installer evidence for 'Net ' from the application '.Net Framework 19'. 

As for your comment about removing application evidence from a linked application, you can only modify the link between an application and evidence if the source of is listed as Local. If the source is listed as Flexera, this means that the link comes from the Flexera-provided ARL, and you cannot modify the entry. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure how or why this could have happened. We don't use Oracle software (no installations of this application) nor are there any installations of the .NET Framework. I've checked the history and I can't see that anyone has linked the evidence. It makes no sense to me why someone would ever do this for applications we have never had installed.

Is there anyone that we can talk to, to help us understand the overlapping applications/evidence in more detail? We're still quite new to Flexera and it is becoming difficult for us to manage and keep on top of.

Thanks

For a more in depth conversation about specific questions I would recommend opening a Support case. You can do from from within the Community under Support > Open a new Case, or by sending an email to our technical support teams. 

The Support Team's contact information is available at the link below: 
https://community.flexera.com/t5/Community-Instructions-Help/Contact-Flexera-Support/ta-p/94684

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Okay thank you.