cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error of SCAN/VIP rather than host name in oracle inventory through beacon

Dear, I just tried to gather oracle 8i inventory through beacon with using direct scan but error occured. anyone who can help me to solve this problem?

i'm attaching the log file

regards,

gotqcorp

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure if you ever got to the bottom of this, but one potential thing to look out for is that you have installed an Oracle OLEDB driver on the beacon that is compatible with Oracle 8i. From memory, I think current Oracle OLEDB drivers don't work with that old database version, so you need to use an older driver.

Note that older drivers don't support newer Oracle Database versions - so if you are needing beacons to connect to Oracle versions ranging from 8i to current versions then you may need to have multiple beacons with different Oracle OLEDB drivers installed (since you can't effectively have multiple drivers versions installed on a single server).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)