cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what changes to be made in DB?

Hi Forum,

Trying to build a test MT setup by copying the Prod DB to the test setup Database. Now what changes have to made when in the test DB server to avoid any issue where the Processing server and web application server hostname changes. Which fields in the DB should be normalized as the reconciliation is not happening and the MSMQ in the processing server is trying to send the msgs to the Processing server in the Prod setup.

Using the same tenant id and the beacon is throwing the "import-xml error the server  error while launching and not able to download the policies.

Upgraded from 2018R2 to 2020R1.

Please help with the best practices to be followed in this kind of use case.

regards

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I expect this is unlikely to be a full list of things you will need to check, but some things to look at are:

• Ensure the Config.ps1 script has been run after restoring the database. This should update details about the MSMQ to connect to.
  • Check for SQL Server instance name details in the ComplianceConnection_MT table in the compliance database that need to be updated for the new environment.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I expect this is unlikely to be a full list of things you will need to check, but some things to look at are:

• Ensure the Config.ps1 script has been run after restoring the database. This should update details about the MSMQ to connect to.
  • Check for SQL Server instance name details in the ComplianceConnection_MT table in the compliance database that need to be updated for the new environment.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

hi @ChrisG ,

Thanks for your guidance and i have already executed config.ps1 forceconfig update. I will check the DB table you suggested and will post an update with the outcome.

Regards,

Hi  ,

Thanks @ChrisG , Updating appropriate values in the complianceconnection_MT table resolved few issues like reconciliation, one offupload which is not happening earlier. Need Still having challenge with the Beacon as shared in the screenshot.

Having issue with beacon as in the screenshot and not sure what the issue is.

Regards,

Hi @winvarma ,

Regarding beacon, the beacon was already installed and you lost the functionality after you copied the prod database to test environment?

You should take note that beacons have an unique GUID, which are in registry, If the beacon are no longer in sync with app server, I see 2 outputs:

1. Try to fix beacon copying from the old database the beacon key and stuff like this, checking if they are in sync

2. Reinstall the beacon (Redeploy the beacon), if you do this please make sure to delete the registry key after uninstall,  because the GUID key will remain in place and you will have errors.