cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web server settings in Unattended Beacon installation

Hi, 

With Powershell scripting, I'm able to install the beacon software (with installbeacon.ps1) and all the IIS requirements (features, Certificates, bindings etc) but the only thing which I cannot do is enabling the IIS web server under the Web Server Settings automatically. 

Is there a way for enabling the IIS web server with HTTPS via the answer file or via any other method?

Stefan

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe the beacon local web server configuration can only be managed through the UI - I don't know of any other interface that can be used to do that.

It's an interesting thought though. If you feel having an interface that supports better automation here without human interaction would be helpful, please log an idea in Flexera Ideas to help the Flexera Product team assess the level of interest.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe the beacon local web server configuration can only be managed through the UI - I don't know of any other interface that can be used to do that.

It's an interesting thought though. If you feel having an interface that supports better automation here without human interaction would be helpful, please log an idea in Flexera Ideas to help the Flexera Product team assess the level of interest.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)