K_Ritter
Occasional contributor

Using gMSA account for the FNMS service sccount

Jump to solution

Has anyone had any experience with using a gMSA account as the service account for FNMS?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jlynch11
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Using gMSA account for the FNMS service sccount

Jump to solution

Currently FNMS doesn't support group managed service accounts. There is an enhancement open for this functionality (issue number IOJ-1922401).

View solution in original post

craig_moore
Active participant

Jump to solution

do you know if the enhancement open for gMSA functionality has been added yet?  (issue number IOJ-1922401).

Thanks

Craig

4 Replies
jlynch11
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

Currently FNMS doesn't support group managed service accounts. There is an enhancement open for this functionality (issue number IOJ-1922401).

jlu_tmg100_c
Active participant

Jump to solution
I put the enhancement request in last year for gmsas.
Last time I looked at it there were too many places in the config where passwords were required to be entered.
As they weren't officially supported, I stopped doing any further investigate.
I suspect that after installing and configuring with a normal user account, you might be able to manually convert over to a gsma, but I've never tried.

j
craig_moore
Active participant

Jump to solution

do you know if the enhancement open for gMSA functionality has been added yet?  (issue number IOJ-1922401).

Thanks

Craig

ChrisG
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@craig_moore - that particular enhancement has not been done at this point. It remains under consideration for addressing in a future release.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos