cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Business Adapter Studio to upload data to other databases

Hello,

Just curious if it's possible to use the Business Adapter Studio to upload data to other databases?  I've tried but I get an error "Invalid object name 'DatabaseConfiguration'" when it attempts to connect to the other database.

Appreciate your help!  Thanks!

(1) Solution

Hi Matt,

Yes, sure.

You have to prepare the target staging SQL database as it needs to contain a few stored procedures ([CountChar], [GetTenantID], [IsMultiTenantEnabled]) as well as a few tables. These objects are available in the [FNMSCompliance] database by default. If you use another SQL database for staging your data, you have to add the missing objects to the target database before using Business Adapter Studio.

Documentation - as well as a SQL script 'FNMSStageCreation.sql" for adding these additional objects - is provided with the 'Business Adapter Practice Guide' that is available for download from the 'Flexera Practice Guides' section in the 'Learning Center'.  

You can use the 'Other Resources > Learning Center' menu on this site and locate the 'Flexera Practice Guides' tile. Downloading the documentation and resource files will require a valid customer or partner account on the Flexera community though.

Please check this related post, too.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi Matt,

Yes, sure.

You have to prepare the target staging SQL database as it needs to contain a few stored procedures ([CountChar], [GetTenantID], [IsMultiTenantEnabled]) as well as a few tables. These objects are available in the [FNMSCompliance] database by default. If you use another SQL database for staging your data, you have to add the missing objects to the target database before using Business Adapter Studio.

Documentation - as well as a SQL script 'FNMSStageCreation.sql" for adding these additional objects - is provided with the 'Business Adapter Practice Guide' that is available for download from the 'Flexera Practice Guides' section in the 'Learning Center'.  

You can use the 'Other Resources > Learning Center' menu on this site and locate the 'Flexera Practice Guides' tile. Downloading the documentation and resource files will require a valid customer or partner account on the Flexera community though.

Please check this related post, too.

Excellent!  Thanks @erwinlindemann , appreciate the quick response and advice.  That fits with my "gut" feeling about the error.  (that it needed to see some specific items to proceed)  And I am current customer, so I'll check out the Learning Center as well.