Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User vs. Account

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi everyone,

I would like to see a discussion about an old feature request: FNMS needs another object to distinguish between accounts (AD, SAP, Azure, Admin accounts, etc.) and users.

I am missing options to create tranparency in accounts that have been found on different systems and how they are mapped to natural persons (including one to many relations). I also would like to see account roles, like "Admin Account", "Technical Account".

I think such transparency could be of great help when dealing with more and more cloud solutions in the future. What do you think?

Best regards,

Markward

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Yes, this would be a great capability!

The number of accounts that natural people have is going up all the time as the number of technologies we use increases, and being able to model *people* (and which *accounts* correspond to which *people* - potentially a many-to-many relationship) would be awesome to support mature management of the technology estate.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Yes, this would be a great capability!

The number of accounts that natural people have is going up all the time as the number of technologies we use increases, and being able to model *people* (and which *accounts* correspond to which *people* - potentially a many-to-many relationship) would be awesome to support mature management of the technology estate.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I agree the user in FNMS are not aligned with current SAAS solutions. We needed created business adapters our self as the OOB AD adapter doesn't deliver the SAAS requirements.

The OOB adapters should be more flexible around User management to be closer the SAAS and business needs.

I hope Flexera is consider this in one of the next releases as SAAS solution are in their strategic roadmap.

Regards

Frank

Hi Frank,

Yes, SaaS management & optimisation is definitely an important item on our roadmap. Note that SaaS Manager is already a solution that deals with SaaS including account consolidation. It is also our strategic solution for SaaS.

Best regards

Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)