cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User based licenses not consuming properly

Is anyone else having an issue with User Based licenses not consuming properly according to the Use Rights and Rules settings?  We have a bug open with Flexera, but need support from other customers to increase the urgency of resolving it.

Examples:

1. Use Rights & Rules are set for one license to consume up to two installations.  Looking at the Consumption tab, you may see User1 with two installs consuming 2 licenses, User2 with 6 installations consuming 6 licenses, as well as some users consuming as expected

2. Use Rights and Rules are set for one license to consume unlimited installations.  Looking at the Consumption tab you may see User 1 listed twice with the same device (two different versions of the same software), but consuming a license for each record or separate version.

Thank you for your support!

Merideth

(4) Replies

@merideth_scott  great to hear from you! I'll connect you with some people who may be able to help. For which product is this? 

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

This issue impacts all of our User Based licenses, it is not product specific.

As I mentioned in my original post, Flexera has identified it as a bug. Our Success Manager suggested posting the issue here to see if others have the same issue in the hopes of making it a higher priority for resolution.

Thank you !

Merideth

A bug like this shouldn't need to have more customers experiencing to bump it up in priority. License consumption is what Flexera is all about. This should be fixed. That being said, I investigated my license consumption, and on two of my licenses, Use Rights and Rules are set for one license to consume unlimited installations. I have two users consuming two licenses, but only one installation of the software on their systems. I just opened a case for this.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

Thanks @EHacking  for opening up a case for this. Our Support team has received the case and we will be in touch with you to provide further updates.

Thanks!