cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from 2017 R3 to 2019 R2

We are planning to upgrade our FlexNet manager OnPrem from 2017 R3 and 2019 R2. We have read through the documentation for all the known issues and the prerequisites. I just thought we might get more feedback on this forum.  Are there any issues that we should be aware of before we start?

(5) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

There was a minor issue in the 2019 R2 database migration scripts after release, but it has been resolved since then.

Best regards,

Markward

Hi,

I also performed upgrade from 2017 R3 to 2019R2,  but from version to version as they was released, and didn't encounter any issues.

One thing to take note is where you put the upgrade scripts, the one that you run with powershell, for example I originally put in D:\SWP\Flexera sourcers\FNMS 2019 R2\ and there the upgrade package, seems that when I run the powershell scripts it return some error that the path is to long, so I moved them to D:\temp, and was ok.

Good point, when registering new agent packages, the PowerShell script can fail because if the default folder path is too long.

Take a look at the following current thread which is also discussing upgrade matters: Upgrading 2018 R1 to 2019 R2

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you for all your help.