cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading FNMS 2019 to 2022 R2 but on new Windows Server hardware

What is the best practice to Upgrade an existing FNMS 2019 to 2022 but on a new Windows Server version ( and hardware)? 

Is it a new installation "with an existing FNMS database" (following the FNMS installation doc) or is it more an upgrade ( ... and I have to follow the FNMS upgrading doc) ?  Regards, M.

(1) Solution

Hi

If you are creating new VMs for Application, DB & beacon. You can simply follow new installation steps for application & Beacon. On DB server , You can restore from DB backup & run the schema upgrade script. 

If you are doing application & Db upgrade on existing VM, where are they running currently. Then follow flexera suggested upgrade doc steps.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi

If you are creating new VMs for Application, DB & beacon. You can simply follow new installation steps for application & Beacon. On DB server , You can restore from DB backup & run the schema upgrade script. 

If you are doing application & Db upgrade on existing VM, where are they running currently. Then follow flexera suggested upgrade doc steps.

Hello durgeshsingh, thanks for answer. That measn I can simple follow the FNMS Installation guide, and step over the msgDatabaseCreate step, instead I will use the msgDatabaseUpgrade part from the FNMS Upgrade PDF ? 

Correct, you just ignore the "Create Database" part and instead do the "Migrate Database" part. It all comes together in the "Configuration" step.

If you plan to "recycle" the existing databases, please make sure to disable the old servers, so that not 2 systems try to access the databases at the same time.