cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Build Revision from Clients and Server

Hello Community

Wouldn't it be great to have the update build revision from the client and server in addition to the build number?

Does anyone know if the WMI Tracker this information is loaded into the database and where?

Example like this: Build: 22598.200

Best Regards
Roman

(2) Solutions

Hi Roman,

There seems to be a direct relation between the Windows Version and the Windows build + revision number, see the following table.

As the Windows version is retrieved by the Flexera agent, a lookup in this table (which obviously needs to be maintained) based on the version will provide the Windows build and revision number.

View solution in original post

I'd recommend adding those comments on the Idea record so that they are visible to people consider the idea.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hi Roman,

There seems to be a direct relation between the Windows Version and the Windows build + revision number, see the following table.

As the Windows version is retrieved by the Flexera agent, a lookup in this table (which obviously needs to be maintained) based on the version will provide the Windows build and revision number.

yes thanks for the answer I think, as discussed several times in the forum, FlexNet is more responsible for the software and not for the client OS version. We will now pull future reports from Endpoint Manager or SCCM.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

See the following thread for some discussion about how to get OS build number details directly from the database: Operating System Build number or Version

Also consider voting for the following idea if making this information more visible in the UI would be useful to you: FXONE-I-29: Show Windows operating system build number in hardware details

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I hope this is also planned for the Flexnet OnPrem version? We've already implemented it (Build Version), but we're only missing the UBR version at the end of the build version. The Update Build Revision Number is usefull because you see what patchlevel a Server or Client had. 

I'd recommend adding those comments on the Idea record so that they are visible to people consider the idea.