Highlighted

Unrecognized Evidence Report

Jump to solution

Is there a way to run a report on Unrecognized Evidence?

I'm currently running a report on Installed Devices (Using the Installations metric), which gives me a device name for all computers running a software title by version. Is this possible using Unrecognized Evidence as well?

delete me.jpg

Akshay
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active participant

Re: Unrecognized Evidence Report

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Installer or file evidences are not in the data model of FNMS reports builder, so you can't build reports with report builder that include evidences. It would be beneficial to have evidences added to the data model, however at the moment you can only rely on workarounds.   

Currently it is possible to fetch list of Inventory devices having one or another evidence directly from FNMS Database. It is also possible to map such custom SQL query on reports builder and show results in WebUI.  Attaching example SQL code for the report I am currently building in our environment, it allows to create report returning the list of devices having installer evidence. 

Marius 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rising star

Jump to solution

@marius that is a good looking report. @agrawalakshay1 to get only unassigned evidences add this to the WHERE clause:

IEI.IsAssigned = 0

Also IEI.OperatorManagedState and IEI.Ignored might be interesting, to see if the evidence is ARL based or local and maybe ignored on purpose.

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.

20 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon,

You can view unrecognized Evidence in the webui and export to excel by going to ‘License compliance\ unrecognized Evidence’. Unfortunately, that will not tie to a device.

I have never seen an option to build a report in the ‘Report Builder’ that includes evidence.

I certain there is not currently an option for that type of report in the UI.

Are you using cloud of on prem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Active participant

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Installer or file evidences are not in the data model of FNMS reports builder, so you can't build reports with report builder that include evidences. It would be beneficial to have evidences added to the data model, however at the moment you can only rely on workarounds.   

Currently it is possible to fetch list of Inventory devices having one or another evidence directly from FNMS Database. It is also possible to map such custom SQL query on reports builder and show results in WebUI.  Attaching example SQL code for the report I am currently building in our environment, it allows to create report returning the list of devices having installer evidence. 

Marius 

Highlighted
Rising star

Jump to solution

@marius that is a good looking report. @agrawalakshay1 to get only unassigned evidences add this to the WHERE clause:

IEI.IsAssigned = 0

Also IEI.OperatorManagedState and IEI.Ignored might be interesting, to see if the evidence is ARL based or local and maybe ignored on purpose.

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.

Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Jump to solution

Nicolas Rousseau's  "evidences on computer (NR)"report may help on that .

It is very useful in a lot of my investigations... You can either :

1. Filter on a device and get all the evidences that have been gathered on it, with a a column showing the mapped applications that can therefore lead you to identify the unmapped/unrecognized evidences on the specific device
  2. Filter on a specific application and then you get all the devices with the evidences that triggered the recognition of the application.

You'll find the SQL script for the view enclosed, but you may check with him if he doesn't have a more recent version of it !