cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Error when Accessing Hardware Asset options after upgrade

Just finished upgrading to Flexnet 2020 R2 from 2017 R2.

When I click any option under Hardware Asset, I get the following error:

We have a problem. Unexpected error

Sorry, but something unpleasant has happened. Please  let us know what you were trying to do so that we can fix the problem. We suggest starting again from the dashboard, or trying again later.

Help us help you

Send this text to your system administrator:

Error ID: 5bdf536e-1dc0-4fcc-86da-22ced663c184

(1) Solution

The following query can be used to check for custom asset property details with mismatching cases between the AssetTypeProperty and UIItem tables:

SELECT *
FROM dbo.AssetTypeProperty
WHERE
    PropertyName COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_Cp1_CS_AS NOT IN (
        SELECT ItemResourceName COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_Cp1_CS_AS
        FROM dbo.UIItem
    )

If this query returns any records then it suggests the issue that @mfranz has noted may affect you. Specifically, it may be the issue IOJ-2172965 noted on the FlexNet Manager Suite Unresolved Issues list.

Here is another thread discussing the same issue: Error while access any module from Hardware Assets

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You will likely find details associated with the error ID to guide further diagnosis and troubleshooting in the C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\WebUI\webui.log file on you web application server.

Take a look at the following article for some information about this file: How to troubleshoot unexpected errors and red error bar messages in the FlexNet Manager Suite Web UI using webui.log

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I got this from webui.log

How do I fix the same key issue?

[ERROR 2021-08-10 15:51:45,670 954922ms UnhandledErrors ] An unexpected error occurred (7897c118-c3a9-4e13-a7ff-75a458cb0152)
System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at DevExpress.Xpo.Metadata.ReflectionClassInfo.QueryOwnMember(String memberName)
at DevExpress.Xpo.Metadata.XPClassInfo.FindMember(String memberName)
at DevExpress.Xpo.Metadata.XPClassInfo.GetMember(String memberName)
at ManageSoft.Database.Xpo.XpoSession.OverrideSortColumn(Type p_ObjectType, String p_Column, Func`2 p_SortSqlFunc)

Hi,

This sounds like an issue we saw recently. Please check your AssetTypeProperty_MT (Property) and UIItem_MT (ItemResourceName ) tables to see if the attributes match exactly, including upper/lower case.

Best regards,

Markward

The following query can be used to check for custom asset property details with mismatching cases between the AssetTypeProperty and UIItem tables:

SELECT *
FROM dbo.AssetTypeProperty
WHERE
    PropertyName COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_Cp1_CS_AS NOT IN (
        SELECT ItemResourceName COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_Cp1_CS_AS
        FROM dbo.UIItem
    )

If this query returns any records then it suggests the issue that @mfranz has noted may affect you. Specifically, it may be the issue IOJ-2172965 noted on the FlexNet Manager Suite Unresolved Issues list.

Here is another thread discussing the same issue: Error while access any module from Hardware Assets

DBA found the Upper Lower case in the fields where different in the tables.
DBA fixed this and solved the problem.
Thanks for the quick response.

Hi @ChrisG,

Can you give us an idea where this error takes effect. The database is case insensitive (CI), so I guess it must be some other component being case sensitive. Maybe a Javascript component?

Best regards,

Markward

@mfranz - based on the stack trace that appears in the webui.log logging, it appears the problem arises in C# code processing data to be displayed. I'm guessing that there is some case sensitive comparison being done when it may be more appropriate to do a case insensitive comparison.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

For reference, the following article covers the issue discussed in this thread: Known Issue: Asset views may be inaccessible if custom property names have mismatched case between AssetTypeProperty_MT and UIItem_MT tables (IOJ-2172965)