cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What FNMEA Tables for FlexLM and 3rd Party License Usage Should Be Used to Expose to External Visualization Tools (i.e. Grafana)

Our customer is using a Grafana Dashboard Business Intelligence tool to expose data on software and hardware utilization. They want to be able to retrieve usage type reports and high water marks from FNMEA to their Grafana Dashboard.

This was working great for FlexLM licenses but now we are looking at doing the same for 3rd Party (Sentinel) Licenses. The customer was using tables in the flexnet db but we are having issues accessing the data for the 3rd party products which makes me suspect they need to be hitting the FlexNetReporting DB. Here is the customer's request:

==========================================================================

We want to query the FLEXNET and/or FLEXNETREPORTING databases in order to retrieve High Water Mark Usage for a Sentinel license feature.

i.e. The Number of Licenses in Use, out of Number of Licenses Available, per day.

Which database tables should we query?

Currently, we query the table FLEXNET.dbo.RPTRT_FEATURE_USAGE_DAY for this data. The built-in Reporting tool only outputs a PNG graph, which we cannot use for analysis. We want a SQL query that will generate the data in this chart, for example (see attachment).

(1) Reply